Great Lakes Map
Great Lakes Map
This detailed Great Lakes region map shows all political and physical features of the lakes and surrounding areas. Relief shading and terrain markings include mountains, nearby water bodies, and gulfs. Neighboring states of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania are also visible on the map.
The high-quality print of this map makes it perfect for wall display in office spaces, educational institutions, and homes. It also makes an appealing gift for your friends and loves ones. You can buy this map in different high-quality finishes like paper, laminated, and matte plastic.
Where is the Great Lakes located?
The Great Lakes are interconnected freshwater lakes located primarily in the upper mid-east region of North America on the Canada-US border. They comprise of Lakes Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario. These 5 lakes lie in separate basins but form a single, naturally interconnected body of freshwater within the Great Lakes Basin. They form a chain that connects the east-central interior of North America to the Atlantic Ocean.
Map of Great Lakes
- Lake Erie Map - High-quality map of Lake Erie, the fourth-largest lake of the five Great Lakes.
- Lake Huron - NOAA Chart of the Lake Huron available in various finishing materials.
- Lake Michigan Map - Detailed map of Lake Michigan with a 3D representation of the lake bottom.
- Lake Ontario Map - High-quality map of Lake Ontario, available in various finishing materials.
- Lake Superior - Map of the largest of the Great Lakes and also the world's largest freshwater lake by surface area.
The nearby region of the lake is called the Great Lakes region, a bi-national Canadian–American region that includes parts of the 8 US states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin and the Canadian province of Ontario.
This region is known as a global leader in advanced manufacturing and research & development because of the accessible waterways, highly developed transportation infrastructure, finance, and a prosperous market base. There are numerous world's largest employers that began in the Great Lakes region.
Other than this, the lake is also a major source of transportation, migration, trade, and fishing. It serves as a habitat for many aquatic species in a region with much biodiversity.
Bathymetry of Great Lakes
|Lakes||Surface area||Water Volume||Elevation||Maximum Depth|
|Lake Erie||9,910 sq mi (25,700 km2)||116 cu mi (480 km3)||571 ft (174 m)||210 ft (64 m)|
|Lake Huron||23,000 sq mi (60,000 km2)||850 cu mi (3,500 km3)||577 ft (176 m)||748 ft (228 m)|
|Lake Michigan||22,300 sq mi (58,000 km2)||1,180 cu mi (4,900 km3)||577 ft (176 m)||925 ft (282 m)|
|Lake Ontario||7,340 sq mi (19,000 km2)||393 cu mi (1,640 km3)||246 ft (75 m)||804 ft (245 m)|
|Lake Superior||31,700 sq mi (82,000 km2)||2,900 cu mi (12,000 km3)||600.0 ft (182.9 m)||1,333 ft (406 m)|
- Lake Erie - Buffalo (NY), Erie (PA), Cleveland (OH), Lorain (OH), Toledo (OH), and Sandusky (OH).
- Lake Huron - Alpena (MI), Bay City (MI), Owen Sound (ON), Port Huron (MI), and Sarnia (ON).
- Lake Michigan - Chicago (IL), Gary (IN), Green Bay (WI), Sheboygan (WI), Milwaukee (WI), Kenosha (WI), Racine (WI), Muskegon (MI), and Traverse City (MI).
- Lake Ontario - Hamilton (ON), Kingston (ON), Mississauga (ON), Oshawa (ON), Rochester (NY), and Toronto (ON).
- Lake Superior - Duluth (MN), Marquette (MI), Sault Ste. Marie (MI), Sault Ste. Marie (ON), Superior (WI), and Thunder Bay (ON).
|Size||22 x 17 in|
- Andrews Map of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Basin (1853)Price from $20.99
- St. Lawrence and Great Lakes Sailing (1906)Price from $15.99
- Great Lakes Map Side 1 - Published 1987Price from $19.99
- Great Lakes Map Side 2 - Published 1987Price from $19.99