Southern Ontario Map - Durham
Create custom street maps in Southern Ontario centred on your business, home or other key point of interest. Maps are developed from Lucidmap’s iconic Canadian street mapping cartography. Coverage includes areas of Durham Regional Municipality between highways 407 and 401 including the cities of Pickering and Oshawa, the towns of Ajax and Whitby, and the Municipality of Carlington. Native scale is 1:25,000.
Map of Southern Ontario Towns
The custom base map of Southern Ontario covers areas of the Durham Regional Municipality between highways 407 and 401 including the cities of Pickering and Oshawa, the towns of Ajax and Whitby, and the Municipality Carlington. The map uses three scale specifications: Maximum Print Scale - 1:12,500, Minimum Print Scale - 1:37,000, Optimal Print Scale - 1:25,000.
You can crop out the desired area from the base map of Southern Ontario cities and towns that highlights key points of interest, landmarks, cities, towns, and more. You can even set up orientation, size, scale, and choose a finishing material you want for the map and order online after previewing the final map print.
About the Durham Region, Southern Ontario
The community ‘Durham’ is situated in the municipality of West Grey, Grey County, Ontario, Canada. It is located near the base of Bruce Peninsula. It is located 44 kilometres South of Owen Sound and 89 kilometres North of Guelph on Ontario Highway 6. The middle of the town is the intersection of Highway and Grey Road 4. Durham is approximately 18 kilometres east of Hanover.
Durham is built around the Saugeen River and has three man-made dams. It used to be the centre of the livestock exchange for the surrounding Grey and Bruce counties, which is lays close to the border of. There are several small communities on the outskirts of Durham : Varney, Dornoch, Aberdeen, Allan Park, Priceville and Holstein.
The Regional Municipality of Durham is informally referred to as the Durham Region which is located in the Golden Horseshoe of Southern Ontario, east of Toronto and the Regional Municipality of York, forming the east end of the Greater Toronto metropolitan area.
Subdivisions of the Durham Region consists of the following municipalities including the town of Ajax and Whitby, Township of Brock,Scugog, Uxbridge, Municipality of Clarington, Cities of Oshawa and Pickering.
Population and Ethnicity
According to the Statistics Canada, the population and demographic of Durham region stood at 2647 people, where 47.3% of the residents of Durham are Male and 52.7% of the residents are Female. About the ethnicity, around 93% of the population is Canadian born, 2.3% of Durham is of Aboriginal descent. Durham is 99.4% white, and the other 0.6% are from various visible minority groups. 58.1% of the population are Protestant, 11.5% are Catholic, 0.4% are Christian Orthodox, 3.3% are Christian (No Specific Denomination), and 26.2% are of no religious belief.
Lucidmap offers a wide range of mapping products in both print and digital formats. The map store stocks street and road maps, recreation and cycling maps, atlases, digital and online maps and smartphone applications. By providing solutions for multi-user enterprise environments, GIS installations, server installations, and organization-wide map access and delivery needs.
Maximum Print Scale - 1:12,500
Minimum Print Scale - 1:37,000
Optimal Print Scale - 1:25,000